Exceptional ZigBee Functionality without the need for specialist skills
For example, multiple EAPs can be deployed, each connected via Ethernet to a ZigBee PAN in different parts of the building.The Ethernet Access Point is a “gateway” allowing access to ETRX2 mesh networking modules via an industry standard Ethernet IP Network. Once the IP address of the EAP has been established and Firewall access set, the EAP can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
For faster production development the device carries the Telegesis AT Style Command line interface which allows the quick integration of meshing radio technology without complex programming or RF design experience.
Note: ETRX2 Products are not recommended for new designs and incurs an minimum order qty – please use the ETRX3 series instead.
- Combines a Telegesis ETRX2 module with a Incorporates a Lantronix serial to Ethernet bridge
- Complete TCP/IP protocol stack and Windows deployment software
- Interface: Ethernet 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (Auto-Sensing)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ARP, ICMP, TFTP, Telnet, Auto IP, DHCP
- Link and activity indicator (LED)
- Management: Telnet and Microsoft Windows®-based utility for configuration
- Can offer access to the remote AT-Command Inteface via a serial Com port.
- SIF interface for Custom application development and real time debugging of custom firmware.
- External power supply required
- Remote diagnostics and upgrades.
- Networked remote monitoring and control.
- Remote data acquisition – e.g. temperature monitoring.
- Bridging between ZigBee and Ethernet.
As a helpful starting point for developers, Telegesis supplies the simple Telegesis Terminal Application with the EAP. Device deployment and network initiation are simplified with Dynamic Host Protocol Support (DHCP) and additional IP configuration methods via the included Windows®-based Lantronix DeviceInstaller software.
The supported Com Port Redirector (CPR) software maps ‘virtual COM’ ports on a PC platform and redirects application data destined to an attached device. Rather than going out of the local COM port, the data is transmitted across the Ethernet network to/from the Lantronics XPort Direct using TCP/IP. CPR is also licensed as an API to OEMs for incorporation into their applications on non-PC platforms such as a web pad or PDA.
Power Supply – When ordering please note that an external power supply is available at additional cost.
The EAP is also available as an OEM product. Without the Telegesis AT command set – use Ember’s Development Kit to develop your own firmware application. With or without plastic case.
Your own Logo or artwork printed straight onto the plastic case.
For further information on OEM format options and prices, please contact us directly at OEM@telegesis.com.